The commercial port of Salerno is classified as a Class I, Category II national seaport.
The port is protected to the east by the 350-metre long outer pier, to the south by the 1,550-metre long eastern pier and to the southwest by the 1,180-metre long western pier.
The commercial area extends from the border with the municipality of Vietri sul Mare to the root of Pier 3 January.
The gates open to vehicles are those of the Molo di Ponente and the Molo Trapezio.
The access road to Molo Manfredi is located at the end of the homonymous road.
The port of Salerno has a total surface area of 1.7 million square metres. 500,000 m2 of this is floor space: 250,000 m2 for storage and handling and 250,000 m2 for traffic lanes and service areas.
The cubic capacity of the port's warehouses is 90,500 cubic metres.
The Commercial Port of Salerno is equipped with the following infrastructure:
- Entrance channel: width 280 m, seabed depth 13 m
- Evolution Basin: diameter 550 ml, seabed depth 12 m
- Docks: seabed depth 11.50 m
- Docks: n. 9, length in front of the docks m 2,950, seabed depth 11.80 m
- Moorings: n. 16 on n. 5 piers
- Total area of yards: 500,000 square metres
- Covered area of warehouses: 22,000 square metres.
Marfret operates its service on the Salerno Container Terminal.